First gameplay trailer for dystopian adventure Rain of Reflections
Stockholm, November 6, 2018 – Swedish indie studio Lionbite Games is proud to finally present the first look at the gameplay in its upcoming dystopian adventure Rain of Reflections, with a trailer consisting entirely of in-game, real time footage.
The introductory Rain of Reflections chapter – “Set Free” – centers around Wilona, a scientist working towards a solution to our future world’s sudden infertility. As she starts doubting the morality of the experiments, she decides to free the live subject – the lastborn child – from captivity. This will prove difficult, as powerful forces try to stop her.
Setting key events in motion, the first release introduces the player to the game world and its mechanics:
- Actively choose every single line spoken by the protagonist, to convince, defuse or outsmart a variety of strong-willed, multifaceted characters in fully voice acted dialogues.
- Explore richly varied environments ranging from the sophisticated upper class Stem, to the flooded slums of the Trench, the twisted Temple, the heavily guarded Waste Plant and the coldly clinical Labs.
- Engage in a turn-based strategy system with a range of tactical options where you seamlessly can choose to move stealthily, speak or open fire with precise, calculated shots causing environmental destruction and affecting the enemy’s motivation.
- Breach computer systems, crack locks and eavesdrop on radio frequencies through a variety of hacking puzzles.
- Choose how you play – point and click your character to where you want them to go using a mouse, or gain direct control of their movement with a gamepad.
- Contemplate every choice in a system that halts to await your every input, but make sure you tread lightly – once a choice is made, its consequences will be definitive and may affect characters living or dying and even the very outcome of the story…
Beyond the first release, Chapter 2 – “Open Eye” – will focus on deadbeat private investigator Dwennon West in a cyberpunk-esque city district called The Cluster, and Chapter 3 – “Undercurrent” – will give an insight into the Infrared resistance movement defending their underground hideout The Root, where the player assumes the perspective of front figure Imra.
Rain of Reflections is being created by indie studio Lionbite Games – a small, ambitious team based in Stockholm, Sweden – and first chapter “Set Free” is planned for a release on PC in the coming months.